From Mark H. Wood on behalf of the DSpace Committers
Winchester, MA The first release candidate for DSpace 4.0 has been tagged and is now available for your testing pleasure.
• Find it running on http://demo.dspace.org
• Get it from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/files/DSpace%20Release%20Candidate/dspace-4.0-rc1/
• Check out tag dspace-4.0-rc1 from GitHub and build your own copy.
Key features include:
• New look and feel for JSPUI, with several other improvements
• A number of features of XMLUI have been ported to JSPUI
• REST API exposing repository objects
• Support for automatically creating DOIs during ingestion
• And more!
The developers would appreciate hearing about your experience with it so that we can offer you the best final release.